|The Heath congregation held the first worship service on January 7, 1962 in the Kaiser Steel Workers Building on Rt. 79. Robert Knox preached in the first service with 50 people in attendance. Ray Linn began his ministry on September 16, 1962 and continued for 38 years.|
|In August, 1962, the congregation purchased land on Clinton Drive for the purpose of building a church. First services were held in the new building on March 1, 1964.|
|In July, 1967, a lot to join the church property and Route 79 was purchased by the Heath Church of Christ. Three years later, construction began on a new worship building. The original worship building was converted into an Educational Building. First services were held in the building on June 27, 1971. Double worship services began in 1995. As the church continued to grow, a favorable vote was taken on October 19, 1997 to purchase 28.218 acres of land from Kaiser Aluminum. |
On March 25, 2001 Ray Linn retired after 38 years of faithful service to the Heath Church of Christ. Dave Mason, who had served as Ray’s assistant for 14 years, stepped in as the preaching minister.
|Ground breaking on our current building took place on May 18, 2003. The first morning worship service was held at 1331 Chapel Way, November 14, 2004. After nearly 5 years of service as preaching minister, Dave Mason shifted his ministry emphasis at Heath to worship and involvement.|
In late Summer of 2007, the Heath congregation called Greg Robbins to serve as our current preaching minister.